Estate Administration/Probate

Meub & Associates represent clients in Probate Court. The Probate Court oversees the administration of estates and trusts, ensures that the executor or administrator is properly performing their duties, and handles corrections to birth, death, and marriage records.



The Probate Court oversees the process by which the estate of the deceased person is inventoried and distributed according to the decedent’s Will (testate estate) or in accordance with the law (intestate estate/no Will).

Meub & Associates assists clients in the administration of both testate estates and intestate estates. This process includes petitioning the proper Probate Court to be appointed Executor as instructed by the decedent in their Will or appointed Administrator if there is no Will.  Sending notices to all interested parties, preparing the Inventory of assets to be administered, transactions for sale, mortgage or lease of real property, accountings to the court and interested parties, final distributions and all other aspects of the probate process.


Meub & Associates also assists in ancillary proceedings.  A probate process for administration of real property owned in Vermont by non- residents who have died.



The Attorneys at Meub & Associates assist in guardianship matters. We represent guardians in obtaining guardianships and performing their duties; we also represent persons over whom an involuntary guardianship is sought as well as family members who have interests in guardianship proceedings, whether before or after the guardianship is established.

Guardianships are established when a probate court appoints a “guardian” to assist a person in need of guardianship in managing his or her personal and/or financial affairs. The guardian must be a competent individual of at least 18 years of age. The guardian has a legal responsibility to protect the well-being and rights of the person under guardianship.


A “person in need of guardianship” means a person who is at least 18 years of age and is unable to manage, without the supervision of a guardian, some or all aspects of his or her personal or financial affairs.

A guardianship can either be voluntary or involuntary.

Name Changes


We also assist in name changes. Legal name changes are necessary only if you want to change your name through an official court order. For non-legally-binding, day-to-day usage or for changes after marriage, an official court order is often unnecessary. To return to your maiden name, for example, the family division can include the change in the final divorce decree. If you do choose to legally change your name, the attorney at Meub & Associates can assist you with the process of filing a petition for legal name change in your county of residence.

Request a Free Consultation

Call 802-747-0610 or send us a message to schedule your initial consultation. We accept all injury and workers' compensation claims on a contingent fee (no-recovery, no-fee) basis.

We provide free initial consultations in many kinds of cases, including personal injury, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, childhood sexual abuse, Monsanto Roundup cases, and some other claims. In all other cases, we will have a conversation with you and a written agreement before we send you a bill for our services

Meub & 



Meub & Associates, PLC 
P.O. Box 811-05702
65 Grove Street 
Rutland, VT 05701 

Meub & Associates PLC is committed to serving Rutland, Vermont and the surrounding communties.





  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • LinkedIn - Grey Circle

© 2020 by Meub & Associates, Attorneys, PLC. All rights reserved. 

Disclaimer | Design by Aurora

Meub &