In the last decade, we have helped clients respond to market forces and assisted clients in taking advantage of alternative financing sources, dealing with overbuilt markets and complying with a complex body of local, state and national environmental laws.
We work with individual home owners, developers, owners, property managers, tenants, financial institutions and investors in all types of real estate transactions involving purchases, sales, assignments, leasing and/or litigation involving shopping centers, lumber mills, printing entities, photographic businesses, restaurants, bars, motels, inns, hotels, apartment buildings, subdivisions, malls, factories, manufacturing plants and operations, commercial complexes, multi-family houses, office buildings, retail shops, office and residential condominiums, houses, land, condominiums, automobile repair stores, automobile franchises, petroleum distributors, oil companies, state quarries, gas stations, mobile homes and modular homes. Among our clients are major corporations in development, leasing, and mortgaging of regional shopping centers.
Our Real Estate Practice also includes the following:
- We represent architects, surveyors, developers and individuals in real estate transactions, business purchases and sales, regulatory, land use and administrative hearings including the Act 250 permitting process.
- We represent lending institutions including banks and private mortgage companies and individuals dealing with those lending institutions in real estate transactions including financings, refinancings, home equity loans, securitization and collateralized mortgages.
- We serve as settlement and escrow agents.
- We represent title insurance companies and those doing business with them including performing title searches and advising on issues relating to title insurance.
- We represent individuals purchasing and selling residential property including primary and second homes.
- We provide title opinions in real estate transactions.
Real estate matters often call for knowledge and expertise in specialized and related areas of law. As a multi-disciplinary firm, we have the professional staff and resources to address a broad scope of questions.