Jump to Navigation

I've Been Hurt at Work, What Now?

As soon as possible report the work injury or illness to your supervisor and/or human resources department. Fill out an incident report or submit a report in writing. Make your employer or the insurance company reports the claim to the Vermont Department of Labor. Call the Vermont Department of Labor to confirm your claim has been filed at 802-779-0020 . If it is not filed, ask the Department of Labor about filing your own report of injury.

Workers compensation claims are handled by insurance companies, not by your employer. Get the name of the insurance company, the phone number, and your claim number from your employer or the VT Department of Labor.

The insurance company will send you release for your medical records. Immediately sign and return the medical release to the insurance company to allow them to get your medical records related to the injury. You will want to see all medical records related to your claim, so when you send the insurance company the signed Release, ask them to send you copies of all medical records they obtain.

The insurance company has 21 days from the date of the injury to "accept" or "deny" your claim. If the insurance company denies the claim, it must file a "Form 2" Denial of Workers Compensation Benefits with the VT Department of Labor.

For more help on this topic, please go to www.vermontworkerscompensationlaw.com

Email Us Today

Meet the attorneys

Meub Gallivan & Larson is a small, focused, personal firm that can pay close attention to every client's case. The law firm you choose makes a difference.


How can I help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy